Articles on this Page
- 12/01/17--22:44: _2017 chicago archit...
- 12/08/17--15:46: _2017 chicago archit...
- 12/16/17--11:42: _2017 chicago archit...
- 12/25/17--05:47: _2017 chicago archit...
- 01/02/18--04:46: _upstart lucid air f...
- 01/26/18--15:05: _dot tactile smartwa...
- 03/23/18--17:13: _dasher: the world’s...
- 09/29/18--05:36: _architecture and de...
- 11/29/18--16:11: _lochside house riba...
- 01/01/19--21:22: _2019 ford mustang b...
- 12/01/17--22:44: 2017 chicago architecture biennial week of 3 > 9 december.
- 12/08/17--15:46: 2017 chicago architecture biennial week of 10 > 16 december.
- 12/16/17--11:42: 2017 chicago architecture biennial week of 17 > 23 december.
- 12/25/17--05:47: 2017 chicago architecture biennial week of 24 > 30 december.
- 09/29/18--05:36: architecture and design begets art at expo chicago 2018.
- 01/01/19--21:22: 2019 ford mustang bullitt: it’s like you’re in a movie.
redistribution as a practice has the potential to recover a type of building that – unlike renovation, adaptive reuses, preservation, or restoration = permits the circulation of building components, taken apart, moved around, piled up, and mixed with new construction to create alternative uses. t + e + a + m is looking for a patron to make it happen.
the serial nature of these works might suggest a reading against a lineage of art from the 1970s often called process or serial art, which exhausted an idea or concept in a monotonous way.
asks 24 architects to reconsider the status of the architectural interior. the exercise foregrounds the importance of the interior as a model of sociability. the architects reference a photograph of a canonical interior, from any time period.
frida escoberdo has designed a monolithic timber, tiered platform in randolf square - a singular formal gesture with moveable modules that allows for informal lounging, gatherings, and forums. the installation mirrors the chicago cultural center's gridded ceiling.
this zero-emission car is designed for an era of luxurious limited space.
first of its kind smartwatch providing the time with tactile information instead of visual clues. you don't see time ticking away, you feel it.
ultra-minimal, featuring no roof, no galley, no bunks, no head! but it is loaded with hinckley's fine aesthetics, craftsmanship, performance, technology, 3d-printed titanium hardware, and price.
above > expo chicago 2017 featuring work by lara schnitger (anton kern) as part of in/situ chronopolitics / curated by florence derieux In the art world, DesignApplause attempts an objects-only mindset that could include a sculpture, or a photograph or painting of an airstream trailer for example. However, typically the art conversations becomes limited to […]
the house will be completely off-grid, with its own water supply, sewage treatment, and electrical system, all designed to minimize energy use.
the special edition bullitt is conceived to capture what the movie audience experienced from arguably the best cinema car chase - full=screen mode and volume up please..